South African Wine Tasting Event at Planet Grapes

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Last month, (November) I got the chance to experience wine again but this time its South African Wine. Since I mentioned last month, yes I am writing this December, sorry for that, I was too busy for my entertainment blog www.My-Juicy.net. But I promise that being active here on my personal blog will be one of my New Year's Resolution.


Back to the wine tasting, we tasted the african wines at Planet Grapes Shangri-La. We are so lucky that time because Alex Dale, special guest-wine maker who founded The Winery of Good Hope, led the Planet Grapes wine and food pairing event. He is instrumental in the company’s ascent to the internationally recognized label it is today.


I really liked the wine label "The Winery of Good Hope," yeah it makes me like the wine even more, because I thought of when I drink that wine I will have a better hope of things lol, really such a good label and name.

I got to taste the following African wines: The Renaissance of Chenin Blanc 2012, a wine that combines freshness, minerality, and pear & apple fruit flavors; The Winery of Good Hope Unoaked Chardonnay 2013, an easy-to-drink yet classy wine with nice citrus zest and mineral tang; The Winery of Good Hope Bush Vine Pinotage 2012, with red cherries, violets and juicy palate, that finishes with balance, length, minerality and some funky spice; The Winery of Good Hope Mountainside Shiraz 2012, which has bold flavor, varietal spiciness, balance, individuality, and freshness; and Vinum Cabernet Sauvignon 2012, with deep and dark aromas, earthy tones and spicy notes.










These wines vary from strong to mild, but of course since I am not a hard drinker, I loved the white wine The Winery of Good Hope Unoaked Chardonnay 2013.

To even enjoy these African wines more, we are served with complementing dishes to wines like Squid balls, Siu Mai, Tenderloin Salpicao, Barbeque Pork Spare Ribs and Adobo Rice.

I'm really excited for my next visit and experience at Planet Grapes!













You Might Also Like

0 comments

Jerhwin's Journey, Travel, Life and Love

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images