Movie Review: The Gifted (2014) starring Cristine Reyes, Sam Milby and Anne Curtis

Wednesday, September 03, 2014


The Gifted Movie review starring Cristine Reyes, Sam Milby and Anne Curtis
The Gifted Movie review starring Cristine Reyes, Sam Milby and Anne Curtis


I am a lucky one, to had witnessed this movie twice already, one during the advanced screening last September 1 at Megamall Directors Club and last night, September 2, during 'The Gifted' Premiere Night, which was also held at Megamall, thank you so much Viva for being always accommodating, that's why I really love this movie outfit.

Firstly, what I love in this movie in the first place is that, it is not just the normal love story movie that revolves in a love triangle etc that bring hurts and kinda dark, while this movie on the other hand is really light, and funny. This movie is not predictable, I love how the story telling goes and how this movie tackle matters like issues of which is better to have? beauty or brains? insecurities, religion, science etc makes it more reasonable to be watched for me.

I commend the actors' acting, Sam, Cristine and Anne really justified their respective roles. Of course the big, fat version of Anne Curtis is really one of the most anticipated to witness in this film, she's just so cute! and Sam's bisaya version is also a must watch, even though I think its dubbed, I still find it interesting in the film and I agree they did dubbing to emphasize Sam's character speech improvement in the second phasing of the story, oops, spoiler alert hahah! excuse me for that. Have I mentioned that this movie is also a sexy film? yes! Anne Curtis and Cristine Reyes is really wow! of course there is also sexiness for Sam in the movie. It is also a fashion movie indeed! as Anne and Cristine wear best dresses here.

Technicality wise, I love how they made this movie black comedy, there are scenes funny with these effects like in the restaurant scene, the flaming effect etc, it was just really a subtle effect but it was really effective. I am also happy that this film is a proud Filipino film using only OPM songs as soundtracks and the revived versions of songs like 'Bongga Ka Day,' 'Panaginip' etc makes this movie even better! The post credit effect is another must see in this film, how creative Direk Chris Martinez is! Congratulations Direk, Viva, Multivision Pictures for this one of a Filipino kind film!

I am giving this movie a rating of 4/5.

Jerhwin Hernandez with Nadine Lustre during The Gifted Premiere Night

Jerhwin Hernandez with Anne Curtis during The Gifted Mall show at Glorieta



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. what is the soundtrack ending song?? plz i really really like it... plz reply

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can - originally sang by donna cruz/regine velasquez

    ReplyDelete

Jerhwin's Journey, Travel, Life and Love

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images