Movie Review: Talk Back and You're Dead (TBYD) - Jadine

Friday, August 22, 2014

I must admit that I myself is a certified 'Jadine,' but it's not too long ago when I became. Before the showing week of 'Talk Back and You're Dead (TBYD),' I got the chance to watch Jadine's first blockbuster movie 'Diary ng Panget (DNP),' guess what? I find it cute and I truly see a spark on their love-team, its kinda new for me, I don't know but I was hooked by their team-up when I first saw them in a movie. That's why I have this anticipation feeling of watching their second movie 'TBYD.'

I haven't read the book when I have watched TBYD, but I know this movie involves also this gangster thingy which I guess is really in, today. For those who haven't yet watched TBYD and planning to watch it soon, I suggest that 'don't watch Diary ng Panget prior to TBYD,' well this is just my suggestion coz as I have mentioned that I did this, watched DNP prior to TBYD. Because maybe you would see or somehow expect that TBYD would also be like DNP which is a so much sweet, light, movie for me, because it's not.

I don't know why there is a movie poster that is themed colorfully with these bright colors, it's fine and very nicely done actually, but all I can see colors of the credits in the movie is only black, white and red which I see is, because of this poster design, it misleads to the movie itself, though I know that there is also this dark themed poster, pero wala lang, napansin ko lang hahaha.

During the presscon of TBYD, the writer revealed that 'Meteor Garden' is an inspiration to this story and honestly yes, some scenes are obvious, though on the other hand, there are scenes that you would only see in this film. Actually the transition of events in the movie was a bit fast, maybe because of the compromised run-time of the movie but! I love how the kilig scenes are preserved from the fast-phased story and I loved how they made scenes like simply nakakakilig like the 'hubby and wifey' thing in the movie, I promise, this is one of Jadine's highlight in the movie, also the one with the piano scene, of course in the beach, lastly the 'napkin,' etc., I may be spoiling it, sorry :)

In terms of acting in the movie, I'm really impressed with James Reid's performance he really has a good future ahead in this business, he cries, act very natural and subtle.Yassi here is also good, she's more exposed to acting here than in DNP, she also cries good for me. I don't know but in this film, I think Nadine was having a hard time to cry, nevertheless her innocent look fits her role here. For Joseph Marco, his acting was fine as well and he really looks good to be a gangster by his body-build.

Actually the movie is not that perfect, I mean is there? I want to emphasize that yes this movie is a bit fast-phased with a also a bit dark, but we should not dwell on it anymore, instead we should be focused on the heart-filled scenes of the movie because this story, I guess is an outlet of fantasies that we all do have in  the name of love, I mean "kung kilig din lang, eh kilig na kilig ka na sigurado dito!" hahah. If you're a girl and want to experience or feel to be treated as a princess, watch this! If you're a guy who is in need of ideas to make your girl go kilig, watch this! Or whatever you are you have to watch this! or you're dead man!

Movie Rate: 3/5

Movie Review: Talk Back and You're Dead (TBYD) 


Movie Review: Talk Back and You're Dead (TBYD)
Movie Review: Talk Back and You're Dead (TBYD) 






You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. First part of the movie was funny and really had those 'kilig' moments. However, Direk Andoy Ranay is not a good story-teller. As the movie went on, I got lost. Sequencing got me so confused. As for the actors, James improved with his acting, but not with his 'Tagalog'. Nadine was a natural comedienne, but a bit disappointing when it comes to drama. She should do more workshop since she is now a 'Kapamilya'. Joseph still acted like he was in a soap. Yassi was a better VJ than an actress. She should do more acting workshop too. Editing was poor. Musical score was good.

    Overall rate is 5/10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a fan of JaDine (more like a closet fan). I watched both Diary Nang Panget and TBYD. JaDine improved a lot in terms of their chemistry and being more comfortable with the camera. Nadine is funny and she is starting to be my "it" actress this year. I liked her because she really kisses her leading man with a mixture of passion and innocence. She is not one of those actresses who does not even move their lips and act so conservative that you might as well be kissing a tree.James is a good actor too - he needs to work on his Tagalog but at least he speaks more than a few sentences. I don't like KathNeil movies - no chemistry and so sick with DP pa cute moves. I am glad Viva decided to push this tandem in a more adult side. I can't wait for another installlment of the TBYD movie next year.

    ReplyDelete

Jerhwin's Journey, Travel, Life and Love

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images