Star Cinema's Chinese Zodiac: Movie Review

Friday, January 25, 2013

Chinese Zodiac Movie Review



Chinese Zodiac was claimed the last Major action film of Jackie Chan. As I have witnessed the movie, I agreed that Chinese Zodiac deserves to be the last but the best action movie of Jackie Chan to showcase. The story was quite similar to the “Animated Jackie Chan Series” as the story tackles about Zodiacs that was also tackled in the animated one. Jackie Chan’s Suite that fitted with rollerblades was really amazing! Especially the stunts it was used to.

Chinese Zodiac story was fresh for me, and I am glad the movie became also informative as National Geographic Channel had a part and some Historical facts(although not sure if all information was facts) were delivered and argued  by the two main ladies of the film which also delivered some punge lines and caused the audience to laugh by their tandem of comedy.

I also loved the production designed very national geographic way! I felt I was really watching a National Geographic show as they showcased Historical Artifacts, Places, Museum-matters, there was a basis of doing a historical part of the movie,  I was saying “Oh really” as they reveal some History of a certain Museum Item, painting of Places etc.

Jackie Chan had a Trademark of creating a “Action-Comedy Film”. In Chinese Zodiac, he sustained that, I felt the “Action” as well as the “Comedy” moreover these two categories, in this movie I was also moved by short but deep dramatical scenes, also some romantic parts as well, So I can say that Chinese Zodiac has all the emotions you require in a film, they really nailed it!
Jackie Chan even more surprised me and made me impressed when I have researched that via Chinese Zodiac he have set two Guinnes Records (for most screen credits and most stunts performed by an actor).
I’m really grateful to Star Cinema for bringing “Chinese Zodiac” here in the Philippines.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Jerhwin's Journey, Travel, Life and Love

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images