Gangster Squad: Movie Review

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Gangster Squad



Gangster Squad was a Criminal, Action, Drama, Romantic, Comedy film. “Criminal” because I have seen Criminal scenes, Criminal Stuffs, it tackles about Criminals, killings etc. “Action” just like commonly action movies showcase guns, stunts, in the movie I loved the Car action scenes which was also quite humorous ones. “Dramatic” because I felt the Drama between the Gangsters and their loved ones involved, I can feel how hard to be in a family that has a member who does a police, military or simply job causing death, how hard everyday to bid goodbye to your loved ones, with unsure thoughts if they’re still gonna comeback alive, although I know its is really honoring to see them sacrifice their lives for everybody. “Romantic” I can feel the love lust here, as Ryan Gosling’s character was attached with the girl(Emma Stone) of his foe leader(Sean Penn), this love situation may be one of the hardest. Lastly “Comedy” my first impression of the movie was very serious and dark, but later on as I’ve seen it, I’m gladly surprise meet numerous punge-lines and humorous actions, the element of comedy balanced the seriousness and darkness of the movie, because most of the scenes were night time.

I was fascinated how the movie depicted Las Vegas back way 1950’s. Never depicted that way back then Las Vegas, has this kind of Criminal Issues. It was amazing that the movie was inspired by true story of  LAPD officers and detectives forming a group called the "Gangster Squad unit" who attempt to keep Los Angeles safe from Mickey Cohen( was a gangster based in Los Angeles and part of the Jewish Mafia, and also had strong ties to the American Mafia from the 1930s through 1960s.) and his gang during the 1940s and '50s.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Jerhwin's Journey, Travel, Life and Love

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images